New York, NY 10036
Salary: $35.00 to $50.00 /hour
Python Computer Programming Immersives Instructor
Contract with permanent potential
Class Start Date
12 September 2019
Open Until Filled
13 Jan 2020
3 Term course, revolving, appx 25 hrs/wk
Code Immersives is looking for professional Programming instructors who have a knack for delivering top-notch training. The incumbent instructor will be responsible for providing quality instruction to students by ensuring student satisfaction through the classroom or laboratory setting according to the program objectives. He/she must have a strong knowledge of Python; This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with a strong IT background and education delivery to work in a growing, carefully paced environment. If you thrive in a challenging, dynamic environment where you have the opportunity to deliver high-quality, professional training courses, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Provide quality and technically relevant instruction, assessment, and feedback in lecture and laboratory in the areas of Python Computer Programming information technology, and computer systems/applications
- Teaches material from carefully planned approved curriculum and develops daily lesson plans
- Organizes and prepares and regularly revises/updates all course materials
- Ensure course, and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the course syllabus and program expectation
- Motivates students to participate in all aspects of the educational process actively.
- Designs assignments and tests to conform to the objectives of the courses in the curriculum
- Provide clear documentation of student progress, student advising, and support of the academic success for at-risk students
- Must have 3+ years of professional programming experience with good understanding of Programming languages.
- Must possess OR be willing to obtain the NYS Teaching certification through appointment from our school
- You have strong experience using the following tools: Python, Django, or other frameworks & libraries
The successful candidate must be able to deliver core training on the following content areas:
- Advanced knowledge in Python programming
- Teach courses involving information that revolve around career pathways into the workforce
- Previous teaching experience in a post-secondary education environment preferred
- Experience of 3+ years as a software application education/training professional is preferred
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills are required
- Instructional design background experience creating content encompassing the above for training material or technical documentation
- Experience utilizing a variety of training delivery methods (e.g., self- study, instructor-led, workshop/lab) to meet or exceed requirements for delivery of learning objectives within schedule and budget parameters.
- Experience with Learning Management systems and Databases
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students in a learning-centered environment
- Possess excellent organizational and planning skill
- Ability to utilize different methods and mediums in delivering course material
- Must have required subject matter expertise and outstanding communication skills
- Must have excellent motivational and instructional skills in a diverse and non-traditional environment
Room to Grow